SWAHILI USEFUL PHRASES


How are you? - Habari?
How are you all? - Habari zenu?
What’s the news? - Kuna habari gani?
Good morning - Habari za asubuhi?
Good afternoon - Habri za mchana?
Good evening - Habari za jioni?
Good night - Usiku mwema.
What is your name? - Unaitwa nani?
My name is... - Jina langu ni...
Where are you from? - Unatoka wapi?
I come from... - Ninatoka...
Do you speak English? - Unazungumza Kiingereza?
I don’t speak Swahili - Sizungumzi Kiswahili.
I don’t understand - Sifahamu.
How do you say this in English? - Unasemaje kwa kiingereza?
How many? - Ngapi?
How much is it? - Shilingi ngapi?
May I take your picture? - Nikupige picha?
Where is the toilet? - Choo kiko wapi?
I need - Ninataka
I want to buy... - Ninataka kununu...
I like... - Ninapenda...
I love you - Ninakupenda
I don’t like... - Sipendi...
You’re welcome - Karibu
Face - Uso
Eye - Jicho
Head - Kichwa
Arm - Mkono
Finger - Kidole
Nose - Pua
Teeth - Jino

3 comments:

  1. these phrases are so informative. that's why i find your blog a great read. i asked a question on twitter, but i think my phone was acting up when i sent the tweet. anyway, what is a typical length of a safari? what are the best months to travel to tanzania? thanks! -reni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is me,
    I recommend 10 to 14 day safaris. Game viewing is best in the dry seasons, July through October and January through March. There are two rainy seasons, the long rains fall in April, May, and part of June, and the short rains come in November and part of December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for following me and for your comment. I am following you now :)
    http://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete